while the Starling Handbook didn't quite make it before Christmas (new ETA: Q1 2017), I have the second-best thing for you: a completely rewritten "Starling Manual".
This thing is massive. Beware: if you casually hit "print" in your browser, you'll be about 200 pages poorer.
It contains a lot of content that's worth taking a look at, for example:
* All about Meshes (including custom meshes)
* Multi-resolution development, 2017 edition
* Distance Field Rendering, introducing the new "Field Agent" helper
* A much better introduction to Event Handling
* Fragment Filters (I realized that they weren't covered in the old manual)
This is actually a big chunk of what's going to be part of the "Starling Handbook" (probably about 50%).
Sorry if I've been a little quiet lately in the forum, but I think this was worth my time! My hope is that with a resource like the new manual, all of you are going to save a lot of development time on the long run.
Merry Christmas, everyone!