First of all, thanks to Daniel and Josh for their exciting job ! Thanks also to you all, working, creating with these powerful tools !
I would like to introduce to you Patrick Roger Sculptures. Patrick Roger is a famous french chocolate maker. He creates some impressive chocolate sculptures and asked us to create a website promoting his work. We proposed him to create an experimental project using real-time 3D and combining web and apps.
This is a FREE Android and IOS App, this is also a full-Flash website.
We used FeathersUI and Away3D combined for this project.
This are key points of the projects :
- all the contents are managed by Drupal
- the full-Flash version get its contents from Drupal
- the air application's content are generated in JSON from Drupal
- all the picture are converted in ATF thanks to a custom Drupal image profile
- the web navigation works as any website, when you click on an item, you can see the url changing and use your back-forward browser buttons.
- an HTML version is available for people and devices who don't have Flash installed. The urls are shared.
- a 3D sculpture has been scanned thanks to photogrammetry technique. The interest of this technique is that you get the 3D model and the texture at the same time.
TOOLS AND PACKAGING
- we develop with intelliJ Idea
- PureMVC is used to manage the consistency of the application
- the projects are "maven inside"
- Jenkins, a continuous integration system builds the applications each time developers commit anything. It builds the swf (web version), the apk and the ipa. It also builds the contents asking to Drupal the last contents (JSON and ATFs), packaging it into a zip file beside the Android and IOS version
Sorry, it is only in french at the moment, but don't worry, there's no so much text to read 😉
ICI LA LUNE
Paris - France
twitter : @benLune