I'd like to draw your attention to this major issue on Android. Ever since 18.104.22.168 we have experienced high "signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR)" crash rates on Android on all our apps (5-6% of sessions).
The latest AIR SDK (22.214.171.124) unfortunately performs even worse than the previous Adobe AIR 32 SDKs and now causes up to 9% of session crashes on our apps. Most of these crashes are Android 9 related on some apps, other apps have a more evenly distributed profile.
I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that Google Play Store bases it's recommendations on good/bad app behavior and excessive crash rates causes severe penalties in discover-ability. Therefore not only are you losing users to crashes, you are being less exposed and getting less free users as punishment.
Harman are investigating the issue but it seems complexe and they need data.
Here are some steps to help the process:
- Go to your Google Developer console
- Android & Vitals > ANRs & Crashes
- Find any crashes "signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR)"
- Check that the crashes are UNRELATED to third party ANEs/SDKs etc. You can check the stack trace to see if the crash originated in a third party library or from no specific library
- Post the stack traces in the relevant issue report: https://github.com/Gamua/Adobe-Runtime-Support/issues/167
For those who follow the forum regularly, you might have noticed it's not the first time I'm mentioning this but no one seems to have picked it up so far.