I decide to write down the possibilities, for who have an AIR application in 2020 (specially for Flex).
To safeguard the future (backup plan), I currently see the following scenarios for anyone who has a Flex/AIR application:
- Go for Apache Royale Mx Emulation (they have been working on this for some time) => It's not done yet and to my knowledge there is no commercial project that using it, so it's not ready and we don't know if will be;
- Go for Apache Royale Not Mx Emulation (they have been working on this for a long time) => There is at least one person who is very dedicated to the project and looks good. I believe it can already be used in projects but will have its limitations of course and the costs of migration will be huge but it's a possibility;
- Go for Feathers UI: Haxe and OpenFL (Kickstarter with commercially supported by the community) => Project with a few months and it's already announced that the alpha version is coming soon => Seems very promising;
- Wait for a Harman HTML5 export option => Just an idea that has now appeared here: https://forum.starling-framework.org/d/21728-the-future-of-adobe-air/293. Honestly I find it's harder to happen but it would undoubtedly be the easy way but my opinion it's not to put many hope on this option. I just wanted to write all the possibilities.
- Rebuild on another technology => Obviously this is always possible for any project and on any language but it's the most expensive option and could be not viable at all.
If you have any other option, you can write it down.