There is a big memory leak inside GPU when using Starling filters.
The leak is manifested in such way that Starling displays correct GPU memory while actual memory inside GPU is very different as can be seen with Task Manager or MSI Afterburner.
I don't think the bug is withing Starling but I need help from people that understand AGAL and Starling better to discover what is causing it.
I have created a test project that shows this memory leak. When running the test memory keeps rising and rising until the app crashes.
While running this test open Task Manger and select your GPU tab to see current GPU memory usage or you can use MSI afterburner to see current GPU memory usage. You will see that that memory is very different when compared to what Starling stats is showing.
This is only happening on WIndows. On Mac OS everything is fine, also on iOS and Android.
I am using latest AIR SDK 32 and this was happening on AIR 31 and 30 as well.
Also I have tested with 32bit and 64bit captive and this happens on both as well.
Also this is happening with all filters not just Starling default filters, but this is NOT happening when filter is cashed.
I have tested this with nvidia graphics card and Intel integrated graphics card and it is behaving the same on both. I did not tested with radeon graphics card.