I went to run some performance tests with it, however I'm missing the avm2.intrinsics.memory classes. I'm not really familiar here, apparently it has something to do with the compiler I'm using? I'm using Flash Builder in conjunction with Adobe Animate, so I'm compiling through Animate. Is there a way I can fix this?
*edit Nvm, I've figured it out. I guess you could only compile with Flash Builder because of those classes.
So good news and bad news.
Bad News: I have a simple stress test that I run that creates 30,000 400x200 images and moves their X and Y location and rotates them every frame. On my computer I'm able to achieve 20fps doing that. However when I updated to the pull request version, it would hang and freeze and not be able to run the app. =/
Good News: If I lowered the amount to 10,000 images, I get 30fps using both builds of Starling. Profiling both versions, your pull version showed a 10% gain in performance in Adobe Scout. Great! However, the app did hang for a second or two during start up, but once it got over that hurdle it performed better.
Looking at the scout data, those big pauses causing the app to freeze at the beginning because of generating the huge amounts of images is coming from the method FastMemoryManager.copyHeapContent.