I don't know about you, but I find Adobe's official issue tracker really cumbersome and hard to use.
* It's hard to search through its tickets. As a result, equivalent bugs often get reported repeatedly, and they don't get the attention they deserve.
* It's hard to start a constructive discussion in its comment system.
* Its email notification system provides too little control (and spams our inboxes).
* Text and source code are often hard to read, due to a lack of Markdown and syntax highlighting.
The number of AIR bugs that people are fighting against, on the other hand, is not getting smaller — I remember lots of problems recently, especially concerning specific Android devices.
For this reason, I just created an alternative tracker for AIR related bugs:
→ Adobe Runtime Support.
That way, we can take this into our own hands!
Of course, this new issue tracker can't replace the official one — but it can help us collect AIR bugs in an efficient and flexible manner.
* On GitHub, we can truly discuss issues;
* we can get notifications for the bugs we are interested in;
* we can link Starling issues to AIR issues,
I think this can really help us combine our voices and make ourselves heard. If the Starling community regards an issue as a deal breaker, Adobe will listen to us!
However, this will only work if the new issue tracker is really used.
Please: from now on, report any new issues to this tracker, and spread the word about it!
The README file contains all the important information.
tl;dr: From now on, report your AIR issues here: Adobe Runtime Support
Furthermore, let me know what you think about this! I'm interested in your thoughts and suggestions. How can we make this work?!