Hi - there's quite a bit of knowledge out there on playing StageVideo under Starling, so I created a simple example that plays a video using StageVideo (or Video object if StageVideo is not available). I've tested this on my iPhone 4 with great results - the video runs smoothly.
The main issues to be aware of:
- StageVideo runs below everything on the stage and also below the stage3D 'stage' (which contains Starling).
- The stage3D 'stage' needs to be made invisible in order to see StageVideo below.
- It's currently not possible to make any part of the Starling display layer transparent, so you can't view Starling objects on top of StageVideo.
- However, if you size or move your Starling viewport in such a way that it doesn't cover the entire screen, video will be visible in the areas that Starling doesn't occupy. Keep in mind if you want to move the Starling viewport completely offstage, you need to initialize Starling with the 'baseline' stage3D profile instead of the 'baselineConstrained' profile.
- The example also shows that the native flash overlay is still visible on top while the video plays.
Code is here: