We at XTDStudios.com have released a new opensource library for creating texture atlases at run-time!
We would love to share it with other Flash/AIR developers.
Here is s show description of the library and it capabilities:
- Dynamically generated at run-time
- Storing the original Display Tree
- Display Object manipulations is available as in the original Flash Display Object This allows you to change any property like alpha, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, and rotation of any children, this also means you have the original PIVOT point and you can listen to events of any child object.
- Keeping instance name, so getChildByName also works as usual.
- capturing Effects
- Scale effect support (Optional) - All the Display Object effects are being scaled to the proportional requested size
- All textures are being packed into a minimized atlas(s), optimized using bean packing algorithm (To save GPU memory, loading time, and draw calls!)
- Dynamically packing
- Multiple instances of object with the same transformation matrix are treated as the same Texture. (No duplication)
- Save/load all rasterized data to/from cache
- Cache contains all rasterized textures (PNG file format) and all Display Tree data, in one file
Gil Amran - XTDStudios