The latest stable build of Feathers, version 2.1.0, is now available! Major new components and features include:
AutoComplete: A subclass of
TextInputthat displays a drop-down list of suggestions as you type.
SpinnerList: A list that changes selection when you scroll to an item. Useful for mobile-style lists that loop infinitely like a reel from a slot machine and for carousel-like lists.
StackScreenNavigator: An advanced version of
ScreenNavigatorwith a history stack that makes it easy to navigate back to previous screens.
WebView: Displays a native web browser as an overlay above Starling using
StageWebView, but it may be positioned using local Starling coordinates. Only available in Adobe AIR.
- New animated transitions for
ScreenNavigator. Includes ColorFade, Cover, Cube, Fade, Flip, Reveal, and Slide. Cube and Flip take advantage of the new
Sprite3Dfeature in Starling 1.6. For a demonstration of each transition, see the new Transitions Explorer example.
- The complete help files are now included for offline reading, in HTML format. You may now find these files online at http://feathersui.com/help/.
- A number of unit tests have been added to help ensure that the Feathers components remain stable in the future.
- Feathers 2.1.0 also includes many other new features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. For complete details, please take a look at the release notes.
This version of Feathers has the following requirements:
- Adobe AIR 16.0 or newer for mobile apps
- Adobe AIR 3.5 or newer for desktop apps
- Adobe Flash Player 11.5 or newer for web browser apps
- Starling Framework 1.6
Thank you for building your apps with Feathers!